Monday, August 11, 2014

Don't waste your talent




When God blesses you with a talent
You shouldn't waste it
For me, it took me a while to realize what my talent was
While for others they just knew what there's were and ran with it.

I love DIYs activities .. Its fun for me
About 2 years ago, I sew a bag with my hand
And I enjoyed doing it
So I decided to share the 'quiet time' side of me 

Pardon the quality, it was taken 2 years ago with a not so posh phone 




Of course, I wore it to church the following day after it was made
No wasting time with that

I felt so proud of myself when I saw the finished product and the fact that it was hand-sewn
I love using my hands to make something out of nothing.

God gave me a talent to use my hands
And I want to say publicly that I plan to improve on what I got/know
Where is this hobby/talent going to take me?
Hmmm.. Lets see
But in the interim, I want you to take this journey with me.

I leave you with these questions to think about as I have previously done

What's my talent?
Why am I sitting on my talent?
What am I afraid of?

Its time to take the first step in making your dreams a reality.
Dreams do come through
As I speak to you, I encourage myself

"Don't waste your talent"

Matthew 25:14-30

6 comments:

  1. I really like this. I'm a craft person too and there's so much I want to do. I need to get to it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for stopping by Chan .. You sure do! I'll be your constant check up if you want a lil push

      Delete
    2. me too Chantal. that makes three of us :)

      Delete
  2. I love the message behind this post. So often we (and by "we" I mean "I") get complacent in regarding the things we do because we have to or it's routine or someone else thought we'd be good at. But, it's important for us to seek God and find out what our true God-given talents are and dedicate the time daily to perfecting those talents and making sure we put them to use. Great post, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for this Typhanie.
      Some have been advising me to just go and do something. But honestly as much as i love or think i like many different things, I still want to be guided by God's will. Still wanna know which one He wants me to do first, timing etc. Sigh the struggle.

      Delete
  3. this is my current struggle. *sigh*
    You're right some know their talent(s) off the bat and had a certain childhood where parents groomed their discovered talents.

    BUt not all of us have that.
    Our path has just been different.
    Here's to finding ourselves and our talents withGod's direction as Typhanie rightfully said.

    I appreciate this post and the follow up comments by Chantal & Typhanie. thanks ladies.

    ReplyDelete