Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Be Ready ...


One morning I woke 'pretty' early 
And decided I'd take my own sweet time 
to get ready for work
Bearing in mind few factors - 
I had to get to the bus stop before 7:15
and the walk-time from home to the bus stop is 
roughly 10 minutes

I got ready in good time (at least, so i thought)
Left the house by 7:05 and started my journey 
Arrived at 7:12, thinking to myself "Great, I'm early"
But while at the bus stop waiting a good 10 mins 
Mi sey 'No sahh, di bus cudda mad fi lef me'
*translated: Oh  man, I can't believe the bus left me*
And believe me, the bus left!

For those who take the Jamaica Public Transport,  
You should know the longgggg wait before another bus arrives.
While there, 
I was reminded of the coming of God

It's important that we be ready when God returns
For us the Church - His Bride
There's not going to be another shuttle bus,
Coaster or even 'robot' taxi 
To take us to Heaven
because our minds and our hearts 
Weren't at the place it should have been.

Be Ready ... for the King's Return

Happy Tuesday ya'll!!!!! :)



7 comments:

  1. God speaks to me through everyday things like this too, very true Lady G. Great post!!!
    I can't wait to switch buttons with you!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You thought you were on time, but you missed the bus. Powerful analogy to Christ's coming (also like a thief). Thanks for stopping by my blog. Always a blessing to connect with those who are of the household of faith. God will bless you on your blog adventure...Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Hope .. Its my pleasure reading your blog from time to time :)

      Delete
  3. Nice :)

    I also took away a crucial lesson. Truth is you were ready on time, according to the time schedule set by you; however the bus was earlier than expected. Our timing is not God's timing; and so we ought to not delay/procrastinate our readiness based on our 'wisdom'. Instead we ought to be ready now at this very present moment. After all, this moment is all we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tee :)

      Amen Amen ... I love this! The present is all we have - No delays ;)

      Delete