Monday, April 8, 2013

The Lord's Prayer

Many a times we 'speed' through this prayer so fast
No one could even catch us
No one even knows this prayer like we do
But have we ever taken the time to read and understand each line
How important this prayer is?
And so, I did us the honor
Got the words
So we can read it
And ensure that we know what it is that we say      
Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

Thank you for taking the time to do this with me.
**Ponders to self** Is this the Lord's Prayer or Is it ours? Shouldn't this be our daily prayer?
What do you think?
Happy Monday :)

3 comments:

  1. ....in my estimation that's the Disciples' prayer (that the Lord taught them), and a pattern that we should adopt when we are praying. As for the Lord's prayer.....one of his prayers is mentioned in John chapter 17....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said the Lord's prayer because customarily for me that is when growing up they would 'And now, let's say the Lord's Father' and we continue .. Our Father ..... So it was on that premise that I ask. But i do get ur point.

      BTW, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
    2. I know.....did it too, till I was enlightened :).... You are most welcome.............Proud of you Lady G!

      Delete