Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Grateful


"What Does Easter Mean to You?"  
Was the question asked by a CVM TV [a local station in Jamaica] reporter over the weekend.

I was shocked by the answers given! 
The most common answers were: 
Bun & Cheese, Fry Fish (Sprat) and Parties!!!!!
I couldn’t believe my ears,
 Just a few said they reflected on what Christ did for them.

It made me wonder? 
How does God feel that the Greatest Sacrifice ever made was reduced to Traditions and Bun and Cheese??!!!??
I think I know how He must feel. 
It really hurts, when I’ve done my best for someone, and it’s not even regarded.

I started to get upset, 
He died for me………. His friend! 
I’m not like those ungodly people, I cherish the Cross.

Then that small still voice reminded me, 
He died for me - a SINNER! 
And I still Sin... So who am I to Judge? 
Have I reduced the cross to traditions as well? 
Singing and playing at services has become the norm. 
But am I cherishing the “Old Rugged Cross”?

We all have come short of his Glory…… 
Let us not reduce God's “Greatest Gift” to mere traditions. 
But lets make him proud, that His blood that was shed was not in vain!

Guest Author
Stanny

No comments:

Post a Comment